background

Saturday, May 12, 2012

One of my Favorite Dresses..


Does your favorite dress make you feel awesome?  Mine does.  I have a few that I love, and this Navy Blue Bow Print 40s Rayon one, is definitely in my top five.

The best part about it, is the bodice and neckline.  It has a faux two-piece look - as if the neckline is open with a blouse underneath - but the non-functioning buttons make it look like its buttoned up.  Also, the very pointy collar with the silver chain swag is a great tough.  Lastly, the angled pockets are a great touch - who doesnt love a dress with pockets?!

I found this lovely dress at a local private sale, a woman here in town invited me into her home to purchase dresses and accessories that belonged to her mother and sister in the 40s and 50s.  I was really happy becaues a majority of the pieces were sized from 10-14.  This one I couldnt let go of.  Its clearly handmade and fits me perfectly.



The shoes arent vintage - but you'd think they were, right?


Heres a look at the print, close up..


Sadly, I didnt get a chance to work out yesterday. I had the worlds worse sinus/allergy attack and I literally got home and fell on the sofa - and passed out until about 7pm.  A hot shower and some good food cured me and by the time I was feeling better, it was far too dark to trot around my twisty road.  Tonight, Im going to try to get to a local state park and do a tad of HIKING!  

Off to have some lunch!

1940s Rayon Dress - Local Private Sale
Navy Blue Faux Snakeskin Heels - Calvin Klein, purchased at TJMaxx last year

1 comment: