background

Friday, May 18, 2012

Giving Back

Ive always felt like I was born in the wrong era.  But not because I love vintage clothing so much.  Mostly because I relate more with the people of the past.  Their hardworking, no fuss attitudes - The independent nature of the way they lived.  Not to mention, the absolute glamour the people from say, the 1920s and 1930s had.  I bet they didnt know how amazingly glamorous they really were.

I was contacted a few weeks ago by the HR department from Warde Heath Center in Windham NH.  I was asked if I would like to participate in a vintage fashion show - for their residents.  They have roughly 28 people that are residents of this Catholic home.  Its on beautiful grounds, with a famous castle, too.

Of course, I accepted the offer to do the show.  It would be an honor!  -  What other way to give back, than to put on a show for the people who wore and loved the fashions I sell and collect?!   I asked a handful of ladies to participate - and of course I got a great response.  We booked it.

Here are some photos from the show - I cant show too many that have any of the residents faces, otherwise Ill need a photo release.  But here are the highlights...


Jane, wearing a 50s black lace party dress - like it was made for her!


Janell and Lauryn - looking perfect!


In the waiting room - getting ready to head out!


All of us (L to R: Jane, Janell, Myself, Lauryn, Nermina, Ashley, Alexa)


Jane and I after the show..


A close up of the neckline of my dress..

My outfit:
40s Dress - Brimfield Antique Show a few years ago
50s Pearls - No idea, but theyre vintage
30s Topper Hat - Borrowed from the shop
Modern T-Strap Heels - Macys, on clearance a few years ago

Lauryn's Outfit:
1960s Blush Organza wedding dress - borrowed from the shop!

Jane's Outfit:
1950s Black Lace Party Dress - borrowed from the shop!
1960s Black Leather Shoes - passed down from her grandmother!
1950s Beret - borrowed from the shop!

Janell's Outfit:
1940s Striped Taffeta Party Dress - Borrowed from Lauryn! ;)
Snood - she made it herself.

Alexa's Outfit:
1960s Wiggle Dress - Purchased from the shop!
Hat - her own
shoes - her own

Nermina's Outfit:
1970s Bright Maxi Dress - Purchased from the shop!
Shoes - her own
Hat - borrowed from the shop!

Ashley's Outfit:
1960s Silk Sheath Dress - purchased from the shop!
Shoes - her own
Hat - borrowed from the shop!


2 comments:

  1. Dana,
    Thank you for sharing! What a lovely gesture...you all look gorgeous and for the ladies living there what a wonderful treat!!!Reminds me of special movie,Pay It Forward, and Linda Commito's book,Love Is the New Currency.If you have not read her book...check it out.Life changing!Nice seeing you today!
    peace,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article. It's very useful. As an economics tuition service provider, I really appreciate your post. Thanks for sharing this with us.I find a very good website for the economics tuition, You can visit this site.

    ReplyDelete